BEST EMBROIDERY MACHINES FOR COSTUME DESIGNS
Best embroidery machines for costume designs. Today’s embroidery machines can do what used to take hours by hand. Most embroidery machines can create their own embroidery patterns, some with hundreds of built-in patterns for sewing and embroidering on your own. With all the options available, choosing the right machine can be challenging.
The most important features to look out for are the number of built-in patterns, the ability to easily upload your own designs, ease of use, included accessories, and whether it has a sewing machine. Fun fact: Embroidery comes from the French word “broderie” which means “to decorate” and the first evidence of this art form dates back to more than 32,000 years ago.
Creating your own custom designs, including complex projects, all depends on the embroidery capabilities of embroidery machines. Some ideas include decorating children’s clothes with their favorite Disney characters or adding colorful patterns to a top, or even monogrammed towels as a gift.
TOP THREE TYPES OF EMBROIDERY MACHINE FOR COSTUME DESIGNS
Brother SE1900 sewing embroidery machine
Best embroidery machines for costume designs. This embroidery and sewing machine has all the features that sewing enthusiasts expect from a modern machine. Ideal for beginners and advanced sewers alike, this machine comes with all the bells and whistles for quilting, sewing and embroidery. Some of the embroidery features include a free moving sewing arm, 240 decorative stitches, a USB port, an automatic needle threader and a quick bobbin winder mechanism. Color touch LCD display provides easy control to create your own design for fast computer sewing and embroidery. What’s more, this machine comes with quilt patterns and sewing stitches that allow you to sew garments according to your own designs. Automatic thread trimming also makes fabric production more efficient. Maximum embroidery size is 5×7 inches.
- Outlines which presser foot to use for each project
- All accessories are neatly stored in a box at the base of the machine
- Including over 200 built-in stitches
- The possibility of customizing color combinations
- The large LCD display is intuitive and functional
- Starting a thread can be challenging at first
- Additional embroidery frames must be purchased separately
Janome Memory Craft 500E Custom Embroidery Machine
Thanks to Janome’s advanced touch LCD display, its high price is worth it. Embroidery enthusiasts can zoom in or out, rotate, copy and paste, and drag and drop their own design before deciding on an embroidery pattern on the remote control screen. The large embroidery field is a whopping 7.9 x 11 inches, making it one of the best embroidery machines for creating high-quality embroidery projects. Other features include USB port, built-in memory, easy sewing process, automatic needle threader, automatic thread cutter. In addition, embroidery designs include two- to three-letter monograms and six fonts.
- Automatic thread trimming saves a lot of time
- Light enough to travel at 20 lbs
- Comes with four embroidery hoops
- A large table that makes it easy to sew embroidery designs
- In order to upload art, it must already be digitized in “Jef” format.
Singer Legacy SE300 embroidery machine
Its sewing capabilities and features make this Singer one of the best embroidery machines for custom designs for commercial use. This embroidery and sewing machine in one has a backlit LCD display, a USB port with built-in memory, an automatic needle threader, 250 built-in stitches and a bobbin thread sensor. This good embroidery machine has a maximum sewing speed of 800 sewing stitches per minute and 700 embroidery stitches per minute, so any embroidery project can be completed quickly and efficiently. The embroidery field is roughly 10 x 6 inches wide to allow for large embroidery designs.
- 250 sewing stitches
- Option to download your own embroidery designs
- Can be used with an endless embroidery frame, sold separately
- All patterns can be printed before sewing
- Includes upper thread sensor
- Can be used with 110 and 220V
- It has a limited warranty
FEATURES OF THE BEST EMBROIDERY MACHINES FOR COSTUME DESIGNS
- Design options
Best embroidery machines for costume designs. For your own designs, you will need an embroidery machine with pre-installed patterns available immediately after purchase. A great way to have more customization options are to look for machines that have plug-in or USB import options so you can use your own creations for different projects.
Another reason to get a modern version of a sewing machine is to preview your creations before they become a reality. You use an embroidery machine. You will also have an idea of how your own design will look before you sew it on all kinds of fabrics.
- Dual functionality
If you are looking for an embroidery machine for custom designs, it is likely that you already have extensive knowledge of the art of embroidery and want to further increase your skill level. A machine that can sew and embroider at the same time, instead of being exclusive to embroidery, can help your imagination to be more creative than usual. While having a dedicated embroidery machine is neat, it’s probably a better investment to get a machine that has dual functionality for versatility.
If you are looking for a higher end embroidery machine but don’t want to pay full price, you can also look into refurbished machines.
WHAT TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING THE BEST EMBROIDERY MACHINES FOR COSTUME DESIGNS
- Unlike other commercial sewing niches, the field of custom embroidery design is dominated by a few select brands, namely Brother and Janome, although one or two outliers occasionally make the best list.
- Any embroidery machine can be serviceable in most settings, but it is your individual approach to handwork that determines how much the machine’s best features will benefit your particular situation.
- Most embroidery machines and combination machines that are usable for custom design work share a few key features, with the main difference being price range, followed by factory installed software and design packages.
- One of the first things to notice about machines of this type is the size of their design collections. This includes embroidery designs, fonts, stitches, frames and other decorative items.
- While it is much more efficient to have say 300 designs available (like many Janome and Brother Machines), sometimes large packages can have a negative effect on the final price. There is no great shame in reaching for more affordable models with relatively modest collections: if they offer built-in memory functions, you will have no problem uploading the designs you want, whenever you want.
- Many people find appeal in more tangible forms of function control, and embroidery machines with a larger touch screen can be an ideal choice for those who prefer a more fluid hands-on approach. Models with touch LCD screens (many of which are full color) not only add to the functionality of the appliance by providing a realistic view, but also improve the overall appearance of the machine.
TOP TWO RECOMMENDED EMBROIDERY MACHINES FOR COSTUME DESIGNS
- Brother PE800 sewing machine
Best embroidery machines for costume designs. This powerful embroidery machine comes with a wide selection of built-in designs, additional tutorials and other creative options. The collection of 138 designs includes the most used styles, professionally inspired designs and completely unique decoration ideas. Other built-in presets include frame designs with 10 shapes and 14 stitches, while 11 built-in fonts increase the flexibility of monograms and lettering. You can also import your own designs and fonts to the device’s built-in memory, either via the USB port or via a direct connection to a computer.
All designs are available for viewing and editing on the Sew Smart LCD machine’s large touch screen, which allows you to customize presets in full color. Editing tools available allow you to drag, rotate, mirror, resize and scale selected designs. You can also preview the design before sewing to make sure everything is in order. The display also provides access to step-by-step instructions for various sewing techniques.
- Brother PE550D embroidery machine
With 125 built-in embroidery designs, this embroidery machine lets your creativity flow more freely and offers suitable designs for all occasions and holidays. The collection also includes 45 presets featuring Disney and Pixar characters, decorative alphabets, borders and flowers. You can also edit the text itself, realign it, change the angle, increase and decrease the spacing between letters, and overlay it.
But your decorative options don’t end there, as the machine comes with built-in memory storage that supports embroidery in .pes format, which you can import via the built-in USB port. All factory installed and downloaded designs are accessible on the large Sew Smart LCD touch screen. The display shows all presets in full color and allows you to adjust various settings, from individual thread colors to font size and letter curvature.
If you’re looking for an embroidery machine for your own custome designs but can’t decide which one is best for you, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll provide you with 10 embroidery machines found at our recommended retailers that can best develop your own designs, so you can create fun creations in no time. We’ll also take a look at the important features you need to consider before you buy.