BROTHER SEWING AND QUILTING MACHINE
The best Brother sewing and quilting machines meet the needs of users and provide years of reliable service. Brother Industries Ltd. (the company that makes Brother sewing machines) traces its history back over 100 years. In 1908, Kanekichi Yasui founded the Yasui Sewing Machine Company, which operates from his home in Nagoya, Japan.
He repaired industrial sewing machines and made machine parts for local use. Over its 114-year history, Brother Industries has developed into a global leader in sewing machine design, innovation and manufacturing. Currently, the company offers one of the most modern lines of innovative machines for home sewing.
Its models include reliable sewing machines for basic projects, as well as state-of-the-art computer models for advanced embroidery, quilting and handcrafting. Consumers rely on the best Brother sewing machines to deliver quality, value and functionality for both commercial and creative purposes.
THE BEST THREE SEWING AND QUILTING BROTHERS
Brother XM2701 sewing and quilting machine
Brother sewing and quilting machines on the other hand, it boasts a wide range of stitch options as well as automatic functions that will appeal to experienced sewing enthusiasts. Stitch options include more decorative and quilting stitches along with basic straight stitches for seams and quilting. With 27 built-in stitches and 63 stitch functions, users can create crafts, fashion, home decor and quilts.
- Automatic buttonhole function
- Automatic needle threader
- Both decorative and straight built-in stitches
- Including 6 replaceable feet
- It’s not computerized
Brother XR9550 sewing and quilting machine
For sewing enthusiasts who are ready to take their craft to a more sophisticated level, the Brother XR 9550 Computerized Sewing Machine offers a host of features to spark imagination and facilitate creative success. The machine offers 165 built-in stitches. These include utility and decorative stitches along with heirloom stitches. Choose from eight different buttonhole styles and the machine will automatically fit each button to its own hole.
- Extra wide sewing surface for large projects
- Automatic needle threader
- Including a protective hard case
- Not the best choice for beginners
Brother XR3774 sewing and quilting machine
Here is a mechanical sewing machine with automatic functions and a large work space for bulky projects. The large throat area and extra-wide work table make the Brother XR3774 Sewing and Quilting Machine a viable choice for quilters. For projects other than quilts, sewing machines can use the free arm. This feature makes it easy to sew sleeves, cuffs, trousers and skinny jeans.
- One-step buttonhole function
- Automatic needle threader
- Anti-jam coil
- It’s not computerized
KEY STAGES OF BROTHER SEWING AND QUILTING MACHINE
Brother sewing and quilting machines. Depending on how much quilting you expect to do and how much time you’d like to spend, an appropriate machine can cost less than $200 all the way up $10,000 and more. Most quilters are near the low end of this range. At the lowest end, you don’t even need a machine at all. Despite the many tedious hours, some people still prefer traditional hand quilting for true pride in workmanship. At the next step, conventional sewing machines are fine for most, if not all, of the stages of making a quilt. Let’s look at key stages of quilt making and the demands they place on quilting sewing machines.
But with regular sewing machines, it can be tedious and a little frustrating to manage a huge quilt under the short reach of the sewing head. This is where the long arm machines really shine, making this stage much easier. With a frame that moves the machine in one direction and rolls the blanket in the other, this final stage can be a breeze. This is where hand quilting can be quite tedious, but cheap sewing machines are fine.
- Choosing your machine
A quilting sewing machine must also have enough power to handle a heavy stack of face fabric, batting and backing fabric. However, make it a point to read customer reviews with an eye for those that mention sewing.
The first step is making the individual squares. These can actually be almost any shape, and many people consider this to be the most creative step. Quilters can select various materials, colors, and fabric patters, add embroidery or applique, and more. This stage of quilting makes the least demands on the machine. Just about any good quality sewing machine will be fine.
The next stage is putting all the pieces (squares) together. This is also quite creative as you combine colors and textures into patterns for the overall quilt. Here hand quilting can become quite tedious, but low-cost sewing machines are just fine. A table-extension accessory can be handy, making it easier to maneuver things as the pieced quilt grows bigger and bigger.
TOP SIX TIPS TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING BROTHER SEWING AND QUILTING MACHINES
Brother sewing and quilting machines are very popular these days and make a great Christmas gift idea. Here are a few elements of a good sewing machine to consider before purchasing:
- How easy it is to thread the machine? Using the machine will require to change the thread often, so being able to do so easily and quickly is a great benefit in sewing quilting machine.
- How difficult it is to change various parts of the machine? If you can do it in a snap this saves a lot of time. This is especially important with more complicated sewing designs, when you need to change the foot or sewing plate in order to do different stitches.
- Do you have an extra working space while quilting? Some machines offer extension table in addition to the regular table for easier maneuvers while quilting.
- Is there enough bar length? Bar length is a distance between motor and the needle. This feature determines how many layers of fabric can be used in the quilt or the regular sewing.
- How easy it is to change the bobbin? New machines offer very easy option when there is no bobbin case like in the older machines. Some of them have a clear cover when you can see how much thread there is left or even what the color of the thread is.
- How many stitches machine is offering but also how difficult it is to change them? More stitches you can use, better your design will look. But on the other hand with many different stitches it is important for machine to be computerized, but not to be too complicated.
These are the most important things you should look for when shopping for Brother sewing quilting machines. After all sewing and quilting should be fun not a frustration. Being able to do it nice and quick can make a whole difference for the sewer.
BROTHER SEWING & QUILTING TIPS ONLINE SHOPPING TIPS
Brother sewing and quilting machines. The convenience of purchasing goods from anywhere anytime is hard to beat. But it’s not all roses and sunshine. There are some real concerns when buying a Brother sewing machine for quilting online:
- Use a secure Wi-Fi connection or Internet connection
Although it is convenient and easy to browse and buy through public networks, malls or stores, the truth is that these networks are often unreliable. Hackers and cybercriminals can easily intercept information packets transmitted over public connections. For this reason, we recommend that you go through a secure network for purchases or transactions where you transfer personal information.
- Keep your computer updated and protected
Online shopping is one of the processes where more personal and dangerous information is transmitted. Therefore, make sure your computer is secure, up-to-date and equipped with a good anti-virus product before purchasing.
Buy from well-known and reputable websites Stay away from them. Check that the site’s URL matches where you think it is and that its address starts with https. Shopping on trusted and reputable sites can prevent identity theft or data victimization.
- Find and read the privacy and returns policy
- Only share personal and secure information
If you are surprised that they ask you for some personal information during the purchase (mobile phone, name of relatives, place of birth doesn’t do it and they will check if you are in the right place. In addition, tools like Panda Security Virtual Keyboard can prevent data theft if your computer is infected with spyware.
We used personal experience, peer suggestions and public opinion to select the six Brother sewing and quilting machines for our recommendation list. We then narrowed it down to 11 different models and made detailed product information and specifications available on the Brother-USA website. We then selected Brother Products that are readily available and read product descriptions, user reviews, and FAQs on vendor sites. Because different readers bring different needs, preferences, and financial resources to their search, we’ve tried to compile a diverse assortment of Brother sewing machines for our list.