TOP TEN EMBROIDERY MACHINES
Top ten embroidery machines .For many people, embroidery is a great way to add an extra creative touch to their craft projects. Whether you’re looking to add a twist to your favorite pair of jeans or a complete DIY pillowcase, machine embroidery offers endless possibilities for expressing your creativity. However, finding the best embroidery machine for your needs can be tricky, mostly due to the wide variety of options available and the complexity of many of these machines.
Of course, there’s an embroidery machine for every budget and purpose, so regardless of your reason for looking, it’s important to keep in mind the type of use you’re interested in as well as your budget. For our review, we have considered the most important features that you need to consider when looking for the best embroidery machine for home or business use.
These include the type of embroidery machine, embroidery field area and number of built-in designs, USB connectivity, warranty and more. Our editor chose the Brother SE1900 because it has everything an advanced user could want in an embroidery machine, but you’ll also find models suitable for beginners and intermediate users.
TOP TEN TYPES OF EMBROIDERY MACHINES
Top ten embroidery machines .We’ve spent days researching the best embroidery machines on the market, talking to home and business users to find the best models to suit almost every need and budget. Our research has allowed us to compile a comparison chart with all the information you need to make the best choice. You’ll also find in-depth reviews of each of the machines we’ve picked as our best, along with a buying guide that details everything there is to know about buying the best embroidery machine.
Our editor’s pick is the Brother SE1900 Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine, which we believe is one of the best embroidery machines for home businesses because it combines a wealth of features with ease of use and a reasonable price (for what you get). An upgraded version of the Brother SE1800, this embroidery machine combines embroidery and sewing functions in a multi-purpose machine that would suit both home entrepreneurs and embroidery enthusiasts.
- Easy to use
- Many functions and built-in designs
- Extended warranty of 25 years
The Brother PE800 comes with 138 embroidery patterns, 11 built-in fonts and 10 frame designs to support your creativity. The design editing feature of the embroidery machine allows you to customize your project to your liking, with some things you can do including scaling your designs up and down, mirroring and rotating to see how your design will look. Look before you actually stitch it. Many users who tested the Brother PE800 liked that the machine is very user-friendly even though it is not intended for complete beginners. It comes with a comprehensive instruction manual and you can create some really cool designs in just a few simple steps.
- User friendly
- LCD display
- USB port for design transfer
The Janome MB-4S is a commercial grade embroidery machine that boasts an incredible array of features suitable for both home and commercial businesses. The Janome MB-4S works well for professional sewers with several years of experience. This embroidery machine is commercial grade, but you can also use it for home projects, keeping in mind that it is suitable for intermediate or advanced crafters. The Janome MB-4S comes with a 5.7-inch remote computer screen that allows you to see your design before you actually embroider, as well as other benefits such as automatic thread trimming, a stitch counter and the ability to transfer designs via USB.
- Endless design possibilities
- Large memory storage
- Easy navigation on the remote control screen
- Needles are not completely durable
Brother PE770 is embroidery machine that will make your embroidery a fun task, mainly because it is very intuitive and easy to learn to use, even if you are a beginner. Right off the bat, this embroidery machine offers a lot more features than you could get from a model in this price range. Features include a quick-adjust coil, backlit LCD display and built-in memory so you can import your own designs from a USB drive.
- Easy threading
- Backlit LCD display
- Amazing stitch quality
- Black and white screen
The Brother PE550D is a well-built machine with 125 built-in designs, including 45 Disney designs for extra fun. This is a very versatile embroidery machine that is affordable and reliable. There is an automatic needle threader, 6 types of fonts and a built-in memory system that allows you to import additional embroidery patterns. The large LCD display allows you to edit any of the built-in patterns before you even make a single stitch! Editing features include: rotate, mirror, resize, move, letter arc, and double-line printing.
- 125 built-in embroidery patterns
- 45 Disney designs
- 6 Fonts for embroidery
- This is an affordable embroidery machine
- The internal memory could be a little bigger
- If you use cheap thread, the needles may break
Computer embroidery machine YQ-1501
YQ-1501 Computerized Embroidery Machine is another commercial level embroidery machine. It’s one of the most expensive machines of its caliber, and for good reason. It is designed for use in heavy equipment and is likely to be overkill for home workshop use. Size reflects price and intended workload. So you will need quite a lot of space to install the device. The contained technology is also suitable for the worker. Another impressive attribute is its compatibility with 110V/60Hz and 220V/50Hz outlets, meaning you can use it anywhere in the world.
- Storage for 500 million stitches
- Large area for embroidery
- 15 needle design
- Automatic color change
- Thread break detection
- Universal power supply
Brother of PE535
Our budget pick is the Brother PE535; an embroidery machine that may look a bit simple at first until you discover some of its excellent features suitable for both beginners and intermediate users. This embroidery machine comes with a touch screen LCD display, which is a feature you really don’t expect from a machine in this price range. The clean design features just a few buttons, but the machine comes with 80 built-in designs, including different fonts, flowers, borders and holiday designs. In addition, you also get access to the Brother Embroidery website where you can download a wide range of designs.
- Automatic needle threader
- Cost effective
- Embroidery only
- Not great for advanced users
The Brother SE600 is a popular sewing and embroidery machine that is suitable for beginners, intermediates and professionals. It is a computer controlled model with lots of advanced features to stimulate your creativity. This machine allows you to change and preview thread colors, move patterns on the LCD screen, place lettering on arches and much more. The embroidery field is a generous 4” x 4” and includes an embroidery foot, loop and arm. The LCD screen is large, bright and easy to use, it’s a touch unit so setting up is easy.
- Touch screen LCD that is easy to sue
- 103 built-in sewing stitches
- 6 embroidery fonts
- USB port for importing other embroideries
- Excellent combination of sewing and embroidery machine
- This is an expensive machine
Bernette B70 Deco
The position of the 5” touchscreen is optimized for drainage and you have a set of multi-function buttons for even more control. This makes it easy to fine-tune placement, size, stitch selection, and more. It’s true that learning can be tricky, but there are plenty of tips and tutorials available online to help you get the most out of your machine. The embroidery module has 3 different frame sizes and automatic frame detection to help you find the exact frame to match your embroidery design. It is possible to embroider a motif up to 260 x 160 mm without needing to hoop your project. The hoops work with a quick-release system, the embroidery area is adjusted using the touch screen, which allows you to adjust the embroidery design as needed.
- This is a functionally rich embroidery machine
- The Bernina Toolbox software adds a lot
- Lots of accessories are included
- It’s a complex machine that has a steep learning curve
Janome Horizon Memory Craft 9850
There is no better tool on the market that is suitable for monogrammers, embroiderers and general sewing machines all at once like the Janome 9850. This dual-function computerized sewing machine is your best choice if you want to be original in your designs. Another plus point of this Janome is that it is a multi-needle machine. This means you don’t have to bother changing threads as you can easily change needles. The machine is equipped with a presser foot, a darning foot, a double feed foot and an embroidery foot, which usually needs to be purchased separately. With 3MB of storage space in the machine, you can upload online designs you like via USB, allowing you to create the most original and unique things.
- The machine is packed with cutting-edge features that offer great convenience and enable seamless creativity. Its multi-functionality is what sets it apart from the rest.
- The machine is not suitable for beginners as it is quite complex. Plus, it costs a lot of money
TOP TEN EMBROIDERY MACHINE FEATURES
- Embroidery area
If you want to work on larger projects like jacket backs or quilts, you need a machine with a larger than average embroidery size. For example, the YQ-1501 Computerized Embroidery Machine has an embroidery area of 19.6 x 16.5 inches, which is larger than most of the machines we’ve reviewed.
- USB and PC connection
If you want to import your own designs into an embroidery machine or run a business that involves getting designs from customers to embroider on various garments, it is essential to choose a machine that has a USB connection and allows you to upload designs in different formats. Some models can even be connected directly to a computer, so you don’t need to use a USB flash drive to import designs.
Some of the embroidery machines we reviewed, like the Janome MB-4S, are equipped with LED lights, so you can get a better view of the work you’re doing, regardless of the lighting you have in the room. Embroidery machines with LED lights are an excellent choice for those who want to work in the evenings and for those who are interested in a high degree of accuracy in their projects.
As with all machines used for crafts, there are different models of embroidery machines available for different budgets, but in general, a quality machine is very difficult to find under $300. When deciding how much you want to spend on an embroidery machine, consider the features you intend to use because it’s not worth paying more for features you won’t actually use.
All high-end embroidery machines come with an extended warranty of up to 25 years on parts and repairs, such as the Brother PE535. Models with a lower price tag only have a warranty of one to five years, so it depends on how important durability and peace of mind are to you when choosing.
WHAT TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING THE BEST TEN EMBROIDERY MACHINES
Top ten embroidery machines .There are many factors to consider when purchasing an embroidery machine, from your skill level to your budget and everything in between. Before getting an embroidery machine, you may want to consider how you want to use the machine, but also keep in mind that your skills can improve quickly. In that case, the base model may be something you’ll soon outgrow. Below is a buying guide with all the details you need to know to make an informed decision when purchasing the best embroidery machine for your needs.
A few hundred dollars will buy you a basic, often solid, embroidery machine that can handle most craft or clothing projects, but spending even more can get you lots of automatic features to make your job easier. With a high-end embroidery machine, there is no need to spend hours embroidering by hand, not to mention the wide range of design options. With an embroidery machine, you can easily create your own designs, customize your clothes, develop a new hobby and even improve your children’s creativity. Additionally, this machine can allow you to start a small home business or even a larger embroidery business.
There are many factors to consider when purchasing an embroidery machine to make sure you make the right decision for your skill level and the type of projects you want to use the machine for. It is always a good idea to look for an embroidery machine with multi-purpose features. Start by checking if the machine comes with an embroidery unit that is separate from the machine, because if it is, you can actually use the machine for embroidery, sewing and even quilting.
In addition, you should look for an embroidery machine that offers a large selection of fonts and built-in designs, as these can easily increase your creativity. Other features like more LED lights and LCD screens are personal choice as they are not essential but can definitely enhance your embroidery experience.
Choosing the right type of embroidery thread for your projects depends on the fabric you are using and your stitch speed. Rayon is one of the most popular threads for machine embroidery, and the good news is that it is readily available in hundreds of different colors. This type of thread is made from organic cellulose and has a soft felt coupled with a luxurious sheen, but can fade over time. Cotton is a good thread choice if you want to achieve a hand-sewn machine look, while polyester is good for those looking for a strong and durable type of thread.
GETTING STARTED TIPS FOR THE TOP TEN EMBROIDERY MACHINES
Top ten embroidery machines .Have you bought a new embroidery machine and are excited to start embroidering some clothes, but don’t know how? No worries, we’re here to help and ease your anxiety. Machine embroidery will take some time to get the hang of, but if you practice and research, it’s not hard to learn.
- Buy the right embroidery supplies: The first thing you will need after buying a machine is quality consumables. The basics you’ll want to buy are thread, bobbins, a mat (also called stabilizer), needles, and some quality scissors. These basics should get you started. If you need help with what to buy, visit some of our other blogs for more detailed information. Our top tip for buying new embroidery supplies is to make sure you buy quality machine embroidery products. Make sure they are compatible with your machine and come from a reputable source like All Stitch Embroidery Supplies.
- Read your machine’s manual: This may seem like an obvious tip, but it’s amazing how many embroiderers buy an expensive embroidery machine and never touch the instruction manual. The instructions detail how to thread your machine and insert bobbins and needles. It also tells you what not to do to avoid harming or damaging your new machine.
- Learn how to embroider: Many new embroiderers never learn to embroider properly and end up washing everything they embroider. Floating means just threading the embroidery mat and then attaching what you want to embroider to the embroidery mat with glue or a stitch. This works well for bulky items that are too difficult to fold; but for most of what you will be embroidering, hoops will give the garment more stability and create a much better finished product. Make sure you choose the right hoop for the job. The best stability will be achieved with the smallest hoop that the design can fit into.
- Don’t digitize and buy quality designs: Digitizing is the process of converting a design into a digital set of instructions that your embroidery machine can understand. Digitization is an entirely separate skill set that takes time to perfect. When starting out with machine embroidery, you should focus on learning how to operate your machine and leave the digitizing to the experts. Poorly digitized designs are poorly stitched. There are plenty of sites on the internet that sell digitized embroidery designs and digitizers that will convert your own design or logo for you. Make sure you buy from a trusted site. Ask fellow embroiderers for recommendations and avoid sites selling designs that violate copyright and trademark laws.
- Practice a lot before you start embroidering for friends and customers. I can’t tell you how many calls we’ve had from people who have bought a new embroidery machine and are starting their first job right out of the box. Build a test stash of all types of clothing, towels and bedding. Experiment with different types of backing on different fabrics until you are happy with what combinations create the best patterns. See what a good stitch should look like and recognize when your machine is not sewing correctly. Practicing test items will ease your anxiety and you’ll learn faster when you’re not afraid of making mistakes.
The vast majority of Top ten embroidery machines available on the market can handle almost any type of fabric, from cotton to denim, but sometimes inexpensive models may not do such a great job when it comes to stiffer fabrics. If you plan to work with thicker and harder fabrics, it’s worth investing in a high-quality machine, even if it means paying a bit more for it. If you want to be able to embroider hats with an embroidery machine, you need to make sure it comes with a compatible hat ring. Some models don’t come with it, but you can still buy a compatible one separately.